The HXR-IFR5 enables the NEX-FS700U/K 2K & 4K RAW files to take advantage of the trail blazed by the RAW workflow of Sony’s PMW-F55/F5 CineAlta cameras. The RAW files created by the NEX-FS700U/K (FS700RAW Files) are sent to the HXR-IFR5 interface unit which docks to the AXS-R5 RAW recorder The AXS-R5 recorder is part of the AXSM Access Memory System, which also includes the AXS-512S24 memory card and an affordable USB 3.0 reader, the AXS-CR1. Once on a fast HDD, FS700RAW files can be screened and converted using Sony’s free RAW Viewer software.
- Docks to the AXS-R5 Access Memory System recorder.
- Receives the uncompressed bitstream carrying RAW sensor data, metadata, timecode and start stop commands from the NEX-FS700U via 3G-SDI
- Controls 4K/2K RAW recording and playback
- Coordinates simultaneous recording for seamless on-line/off-line capture: you can simultaneously record 4K on the AXS-R5 while recording HD on the NEX-FS700U, both with identical, start frame, stop frame and time code
- Built-in LCD panel displays status indication including: record mode, frame rate, timecode and battery & media remaining time
- Large, tactile control buttons for basic operation, menu and media management provide a simple user interface for configuring and controlling the AXS-R5 recorder.
- When attached to the HXR-IFR5, the AXS-R5 can act as a stand-alone playback unit for confidence monitoring and review through the on board HD SDI 422 output. This system supports recordings made by the NEX-FS700 and the PMW-F5 / PMW-F55.
- Automatically salvages card data in case of abrupt power interruption.
- Uses a comprehensive file naming convention including cameras ID, Reel Number, Shot Number, Date and a unique two character user generated ID