Sony PMW-F5 CineAlta 4K Camcorder
F5 CineAlta 4K truly gorgeous HD
For incredibly vivid HD, start with the 4K imager of the Sony F5. You’ll get superior, super-sampled pictures with noticeably higher contrast, rich color reproduction and greater clarity. This is the next generation of the incredibly popular F3 and offers robust built-in recording modes, all with vibrant 4:2:2 color. Irresistible options include the amazing precision of 16-bit linear RAW 2K/4K recording and high speed shooting at up to 120 fps without cropping.
Super-sampling: Spectacular HD, 2K or 4K
Does a 4K camera make sense in an HD world? Perfect sense. With 8.9 megapixels (effective), Sony’s 4K image sensor enables a single camera to provide gorgeous, super-sampled HD and 2K while preparing you for the 4K future.
• Shoot, Record, Master and Distribute in stunning 4K. You’re ready for the more than 13,000 movie theaters with Sony Digital Cinema 4K projectors.
• Shoot, Record and Master in 4K. Distribute in 2K/HD. Derive your delivery format while preserving the original as a future-proof archive. Your master is ready for future 4K release.
• Shoot in 4K. Record, Master and Distribute in 2K/HD. Sony’s 4K sensor gives you a gorgeous, super-sampled HD picture with visibly superior texture, color reproduction, detail and high-frequency contrast that ordinary HD cameras cannot touch.
4K/2K RAW recording option
The ultimate capture system would record every nuance of light and shadow from the image sensor, preserving every detail from every pixel for full exploitation in post-production. If you want the maximum flexibility that RAW delivers, Sony’s optional AXS-R5 recorder is a remarkable new choice.
• 4K or derived 2K RAW. Capture RAW at your choice of resolutions: the camera’s native 4K or beautiful, derived 2K. RAW recording preserves the greatest latitude for color correction and other post processes.
• Incredible 16-bit precision. By design, Sony’s 16-bit precision captures more tonal values than the human eye can differentiate. Sony RAW retains 16 times as many Red, Green and Blue gradations as 12-bit RAW and 64 times as many tones per channel as 10-bit recording. Sony 16-bit linear RAW is also the ideal point of entry into the 16-bit linear Academy Color Encoding System (ACES) workflow.
• Comprehensive production platform. More than an individual product, the AXS-R5 is the starting point for an efficient workflow. The AXS-R5 records onto sleek, optional AXSMTM memory cards, which are compatible with an affordable optional USB 3.0 reader, the AXS-CR1. Once on a PC, the RAW files can be screened using Sony’s free RAW Viewer software.
• Simultaneous RAW + Onboard SxS recording. Instead of requiring you to patch together a science project, Sony provides a coordinated “off-line, on-line” workflow with simultaneous recording to internal SxS cards and the optional AXS-R5 RAW recorder. For seamless conforming in post, you get matching time code, start frame, stop frame, file names and other metadata. The camera supports the following RAW + Onboard combinations:
o 4K/2K RAW + XAVC 2K*/HD
o 4K/2K RAW + MPEG-2 HD422
* Expected as a future upgrade.
We can send you a quote on your order or call our friendly staff at 310.450.4365
Sony DVFEL100 OLED Viewfinder DVFEL100 OLED Viewfinder for PMW-F5, PMW-F55 - In Stock Now! Sony:DVFEL100
Sony DVFL350 LCD Viewfinder DVFL350 LCD Viewfinder for PMW-F5, PMW-F55 - Now in Stock! Sony:DVFL350
Sony AXS-R5 RAW Recorder 2K, 4K, RAW Recorder for PMW-F5, PMW-F55 - In Stock Right Now! Sony:AXS-R5
Sony AXSA512S24 Memory for AXS-R5 AXS Memory for RAW Recording for AXS-R5 - In Stock Now! Sony:AXSA512S24
Sony AXS-CR1 Card Reader Now in Stock! Sony:AXSCR1
Sony SCL-PK3/F PL Mount Three Lens Package Sony:SCL-PK3/F
Sony SCL-PK6/F PL-Mount Six Lens Kit Sony:SCL-PK6/F
Sony DVFL700 7" LCD Viewfinder with HD SDI Input Sony:DVFL700
Sony CBK-55BK EFP-Style Buildup Kit for F5, F55 Sony:CBK-55BK